Cross-Sectional Fellowship 2024-25
Manipal Hospitals Radiology Group introduced the Cross-sectional fellowship in 2016, with the aim of providing opportunities to young radiologists, to enhance their cross-sectional reporting skills.
The 12-month comprehensive training approach provides the fellow exposure to a wide range of cross-sectional images every day in a patient-centric environment and an opportunity to practice subspecialty reporting under the expert guidance of senior radiologists.
Along with enhancing reporting skills, the program also contributes to the radiologist’s holistic development through diverse academic activities such as publications in reputed Journals, presentations at national and international conferences and various CMEs.
Highlights of the Fellowship
- Mentoring on a one-on-one basis – every case drafted will be discussed on a daily basis by our subspecialist radiologists.
- Minimum daily reporting of 20-25 cases per candidate.
- Daily exposure to 500 cross-sectional cases
- Candidates would be seated in a tele-reporting room, where they would be mentored by subspecialists and have discussions for each atypical case.
- A structured reporting system having an exposure to complex cases
- Subspecialty Meets every week – MSK, Neuro, Chest, and Abdomen – are held under the guidance of the respective subspecialty team.
- Film Reading Sessions, Clinico-radiological meetings, and tumour board sessions
- Journal Clubs
- Monthly CME – National & International Speakers
- Certification from Manipal Hospitals Radiology Group
- Certification will be based on following activities:
- Maintenance of logbook
- Preparation of subspecialty case capsules
- Research project and publication
- Presentation at state and national conference
- Mid-year assessment and Final exam
- MD/DNB/DMRD Radiology from a university recognized by MCI
- Karnataka State Medical Registration of Postgraduate Radiology qualification is mandatory prior to admission
Course duration / details
- 12 months
- 6 months in Manipal Hospitals, Varthur Road, Manipal Hospitals, Sarjapura
- 6 months in Manipal Hospitals, Yeshwanthpur
Course fee (post-selection)
*Incentives will be paid for duties during Night coverage and Holidays For International
- Course fee – INR 2,50,000/- (Excluding GST)
- Course fee – $ 3750 (All inclusive)
INR 50,000/- per month
Registration & Selection
- Apply along with your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be informed to attend the selection interview
- The mode of selection will be online
- Selection will be based on a screening test, case reporting, and interview by a panel of expert radiologists
- Registration starts on 11th December 2023
- Last date of receiving application: 2nd January 2024
- Screening Test - 6th January 2024
- Final selection and interview - 9th January 2024
- The Selection process will be online
Our students are our priority. Hear it from those who experienced it themselves
Frequently Asked Questions
Cross-Sectional Fellowship Program is a specialized medical training program in radiology, focusing on interpreting cross-sectional imaging like CT scans and MRIs. Radiologists pursue this program to gain expertise in specific imaging areas, enhancing their diagnostic skills and providing specialized services. Typically lasting one to two years, these programs include clinical rotations and research opportunities.
Apply along with your CV, you will be informed to attend the selection interview, mode of selection will be online, your selection will be based on a screening test, case reporting and interview by a panel of expert radiologists.
The eligibility criteria for the Cross-Sectional Fellowship (CSF) program, based on
the provided information, includes:
Educational Qualifications: You must have an MD (Doctor of Medicine) or DNB (Diplomate of National Board) degree in Radiology from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
State Medical Registration: A mandatory requirement is holding Karnataka State Medical Registration for your Postgraduate Radiology qualification before being eligible for admission to the CSF program.
These criteria are specific to the program, and applicants must fulfill these requirements to be considered for admission.
The duration of the Cross-Sectional Fellowship (CSF) program is typically 12 months. This comprehensive training approach offers exposure to a variety of cross-sectional images daily and allows fellows to practice subspecialty reporting under the guidance of senior radiologists in a patient-centric environment.
No, It’s not affiliated with any university, this course is only to enhance the knowledge and cross-sectional reporting skills of radiologists under the supervision of subspecialist doctors. At the completion of the course, an assessment would be conducted between the student, internal and external faculty, and basis performance, completion certificate will be provided by Manipal Hospitals Radiology Group.
No, we do not provide hostel or accommodation facilities.
The number of available seats will be communicated when you submit your application.