Dr. Rajesh Helavar is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist and Diagnostic Abdominal Radiologist at Columbia Asia Radiology Group. He started his career as a Consultant Radiologist in 2011 with Columbia Asia Hospitals India and comes with a rich experience of more than nine years in the field.
- MBBS: Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore (2005)
- Residency-MD Radiology: Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, India (2008-2011)
- Fellowship: PDCC – Gastro Radiology: Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (2014)
- Observership in Abdominal Interventional Radiology, Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Clinic, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (August 2014)
- SMC Image-guided Tumor Ablation Training Course: Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea (August 2016)
- Observership in Interventional Radiology: University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine (November 2017)
Experience in Interventional Radiology:
- Percutaneous biopsy under ultrasound and CT guidance
- Drainage of abscesses
- Biliary drainage
- Biliary stenting
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Antegrade ureteric stenting
- Radiofrequency ablation of tumors (HCC, renal, bone, lung)
- Microwave ablation of tumors
- Wire localization of breast lesions.
- Diagnostic angiography and venography
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Transarterial chemoembolization of liver tumors (HCC, metastatic liver disease)
- Preoperative embolization of tumors
- Uterine artery embolization for post-partum bleeding
- Embolization for fibroids
- Embolization for gastrointestinal bleed
- Embolization for hemoptysis
- Peripheral vascular angioplasty and stenting,
- Peripheral venous access (PICC line, Chemoport, Permacath)
- Interventions for failing dialysis access and AV fistulas
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
Experience in Abdominal Radiology:
- Evaluation of liver and kidney donors
- Evaluation of liver and kidney recipients
- Evaluation of liver lesions in cirrhotic and non-cirrhotic patients
- Evaluation of gallbladder and bile duct lesions
- Evaluation of pancreas
- Evaluation of bowel (enterography) in Crohn’s disease and tuberculosis
- Multiparametric MRI evaluation of prostate
- Abdominal angiography
- Pre surgical staging in pancreatic, hepatic, gall bladder, bile duct tumors
- Pre surgical evaluation of complex abdominal hernias
- Certificate of Merit: Echinococcosis from head to toe: A Pictorial review – poster presentation at European Congress of Radiology 2018.
- Imaging in rare spine and spinal cord malformations in day to day practice – poster presentation at European Congress of Radiology 2018.
- Post-partum Interventions presentation at Karnataka state IRIA(Indian Radiology and Imaging Association) 2018
- Individualizing locoregional therapy for liver tumours. Hospital Healthcare Europe 2015.
- Renal transplant imaging: Review. Indian Journal of transplant: 2014.
- Imaging of Hydatid disease from head to toe: Poster presentation, IRIA 2016
- Textbook on fibroids, Chapter – Uterine artery Embolization for fibroids, January 2018, CBS Publishers
- Liver biopsy and drainage – Dr Harnam Singh Midterm CME of IRIA, Hubli, Karnataka August 2019.
- Abdominal wall tumors and tumor like lesions – Indian Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology, 3rd National Conference – Kochi, Kerala, India – September 2019
- Complex abdominal wall hernias – Indian Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology, 2nd National Conference – New Delhi, India – September 2018
- An approach to malaena and characterization of benign bowel tumors – Indian Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology, 1st National Conference – Chennai, India – August 2017
- Dialysis access interventions – Clinical Interventional Radiology Conference, Karnataka, 2018
- Role of Interventional Radiology in Obstetrics and Gynecology for uterine fibroids and post-partum hemorrhage at Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, October 2017.
- Interventional radiology in pulmonology – CME in Imaging of pulmonary diseases at MS Ramaiah Medical College, January 2016.
- Imaging in Liver transplantation – Karnataka Chapter of Indian Radiology and Imaging Association, Bangalore Karnataka – July 2016
- Interventional Radiology in Urology – Bangalore Urological Society – October 2016.
- Consultant Radiologist – Columbia Asia Radiology Group
- Specialist Interventional Radiology – Columbia Asia Radiology Group
- European Society of Gastrointestianl and Abdominal Radiology
- Indian Society of Gastrointestianl and Abdominal Radiology
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association
- Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- European Society of Radiology
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Asia Pacific Society of Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology
Awards and Recognitions:
- Eleventh rank in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the university exam conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in the year 2004.
- Twelfth rank in Pediatrics in the university exam conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in the year 2004.